We have just been informed that 310 St Vincent Street has been shortlisted for the Scottish 2019 BCO Awards for the category ‘Refurbished/Recycled Workplace’!
310 St Vincent Street is an existing commercial office building situated in the heart of Glasgow’s City Centre, situated two minutes’ walk from Charing Cross Station, 15 minutes from Glasgow Central Station and overlooking the M8 motorway.
The building was originally constructed in the 1980s as ‘Dalmore House’, the headquarters for Whyte & MacKay Limited which they occupied for over 25 years. This building has remained iconic within the Glasgow cityscape with its prominent position overlooking the M8.
With the recent redevelopment of St Vincent Plaza and the Scottish Power headquarters, the refurbishment of the former Dalmore House was set to re-establish the building as high-grade office and retail space within this newly emerging reprofiled area of Glasgow’s Central Business District.
The Client Brief for the refurbishment included the following key building improvements:
- Introduction of a new entrance ‘pod’ fronting onto St Vincent Street to improve the visual identity and entrance of the building, whilst improving natural daylight into the reception hall.
- Re-styled reception hall.
- Complete refurbishment of floorplates including new ceilings.
- Refurbished sanitary accommodation.
- New basement cyclist and spa facilities.
- Activation of previously disused roof terraces.
The newly refurbished 67,600 sqft building now provides a more appealing presence to the general streetscape of St Vincent Street, offering bright efficient floorplates and a range of occupier facilities which improves the wellbeing for occupiers and visitors alike.
Judges will be coming to view the building on 26 February. The Awards lunch will be held on 17 May.